Week 14 Recap: Chargers vs Redskins
Welp, I’m officially nervous the the Chargers might be good. They controlled the entire game and didn’t even miss a field goal somehow. Not that the Redskins are a formidable opponent, in fact, the Redskins are a shitty team with one of the few owners as shitty as Dean Spanos.
The only thing Dan Snyder has going for him is that he’s rich outside of the NFL, which means he doesn’t have to beg city governments for money. The only beef he has with Washington D.C. is that they won’t allow him to build a stadium in city limits until he changes the name to something less racist. So he’s just a different kind of asshole.
Quick context for exactly how big of an asshole Dan Snyder is: he claims he won’t change the name of his team because of “tradition.” Not only is ‘appeal to tradition’ one of the all-time logical fallacies, it is a shitty tradition to which he’s appealing. The Redskins were founded in 1932 as the Boston Braves, and played on the same field as the baseball team of the same name. They moved to Fenway park the following year, and they changed the name to an obscene racial slur to promote CROSS-BRANDING. Red-Sox… Red-Skins. Get it? So the Redskins “tradition” is a marketing ploy from one of the most racist cities in America. Fuck Dan Snyder. And fuck the Chargers for making me cheer for the Redskins Sunday.
Anyway, here’s some shit that happened during the game:
- Austin Ekeler prevented a chance at a FG by trying to score a touchdown as time expired at the half. And while it was hilariously stupid I can’t help but be charmed by his rookie antics.
- Keenan Allen is the best WR Philip Rivers has ever had, which speaks volumes about how terrible Charger GMs have been basically forever.
- They ran a flea-flicker. And it worked. They’re having FUN out there, and it is killing me inside.
- Mike Williams is a first round draft bust until otherwise noted. See: terrible GMs.
- Injuries are ruing every team in the NFL EXCEPT the Chargers. Nothing is fair.
- Kirk Cousins killed me in the fantasy playoffs, and I deserve to be dead for starting him.
That’s all. I hope Dan Snyder and Dean Spanos crash their private planes into each other over a Native American reservation with all their money aboard.
Jono Zalay is a native San Diegan and co-host of the F*** The Chargers podcast, available on iTunes and all those other places. He now lives in Los Angeles where he can hate the Chargers from close proximity.